I dont want to write this in patch 2.4 topic, because i think this issue should be taken in seprated disccussion and everyone should think, how we should solve language barrier problem.
Most of the users on site are from Asia. Everyone know Asians have more problems with english than for example Europeans. This isnt something bad and strange, because Asian need to learn new alphabet, latin. So we need to help somehow people that are really bad in english, they also shy and they dont want even to try talk in english. And i talk about people that really dont know english, not like me. I sucks but i think my main sentence are understandable 😉

My first idea is something like that.
Every non-english comment will be detected (i need to talk with webdeveloper to pick best option for that), and in main comment everyone will se translated text by google.
There will be hidden below original text, that everyone can exand (something like our “show description” in posts).
I know google translator isnt good option to translate long sentences, but this is only first step to solve the problem with people, that doing offtop, they advertise something, threaten someone etc.
Second step. We will need people that will want to help their contrymens and they will get special rank – “translator”.
Translators will be able to edit post, to add translated version.

In this way people that have the biggest problem with english can comment without any shy, because really, we need to know opinion of everyone.
This is my first idea, so i waiting for your opinions, and your solution for that problem.

Comments

rere2052

male

My main language is portuguese, and i like translate, you have some idea of the selection process for be a “Translator”?

KuroDuch

(administrator) 23 October 2016 17:22

That will not have any specifics. Who will want, they get that rank. If someone will try to troll, adding some lies in translate, sooner or later someone reoport it, and they will be punished.
But i dont think you will have lot of work, because portuguese born from a romanic language, and you guys dont have big problem with english 😉

PS.
Also this is only idea. If someone know better option of course we will discuss about best solution.

c0710204

(nobleman) 25 October 2016 10:26

How about sort comment base on browser language. This may make people easier to get the information they want.

KuroDuch

(administrator) 25 October 2016 10:45

This isnt solve the problem, only create it bigger. People will start talking in their language only, and users will start creating groups. I saw that on other sites. For example, some english site “site in english, support in english etc” and in comments only chinese people, chinese text.
This isnt help in integration. Users need to know other users to create society.

Look how this looks in premium section. People started sharing their stuff, because they get to know other users “i know that guy. He shared this stuff, maybe i will share too something”.
Also bigger trust to coin system. Users bought few stuff together. Everthing with little steps, but site have over 1 year, so we have time.
In sum. If people want to create nice society, they need to trust themself in some level, so they need somehow to comunicate with others.

hymanos

male

I could help fix up the poor/bad grammar on the website/news posts.

Just reply on this comment if you’re interested in that :)

KuroDuch

(administrator) 26 October 2016 00:50

Of course everyone can repair mistakes, especially my, but in other funny way, good i doing mistakes, because users see, even admin isnt know english properly 😉
So this can ecourage people to try to comunicate in english, even if they doing mistakes.

Cholo

female

Solution:
Translate by some engines like google first
Then push the message to volunteers to help correct
Finally show it under the post

However it needs some people :(
(BTW maybe I can’t be online everyday OTL cause the f**king revision

searcher1000

male

That might be a pretty good way to translate non-english comment into english comment.
maybe just show the google translated message under the post and mark it as google translated,
if a translator bypass and see a conflicting meaning in the google translated message, then they can edit it to its fullest.
and if possible try to create a hub for translator to help them find untranslated message.
P.S. if needed i can help on some chinese to english translation.

Cholo

female

LOLOL Are you Chinese too?
Inspired!

bonbin

male

the best is either teach them how to use translator or let them learn it by their self with trial and error.

english also not my native language, to be honest with you i dont even graduated from middle school and you dont even want to know about my score in english which between D and E,
as you can see by now, im learning how to chat in english from playing online game, watching movie with subtitles and also chatting alot with overseas people in english.

first thing to learn should the vocabulary , dont worry about the grammar you could just write something like “i dont english , please help teach me english” people will also understand and they wont laugh on you, well at least not in here.
The reason most people fail is actually due to google translate, they just write the whole sentence , and we know google totally suck in this, so they should use the translate to find the meaning of some word, for example if they dont know cosplay in english, then they should write cosplay with their language in google translate by doing that they will learn the vocabulary, also will learn the grammar later by watching the respond for their comment/post.

that should be the best for writing, as for the reading something like dmm will do.

KuroDuch

(administrator) 30 October 2016 04:39

You telling lot of truth about advices, but that are only good advices for people who want to learn better english.
Of course people should try to talk in english (and this is also our point), because system like “i will write in my language, because someone will translate this”, isnt work.
Sometimes someone translate, byr sometimes not. Good to try, but everyone have different level learning some things. Somebody have talent to learning langauges, but other not :)
But of course everyone should try it!

adamo

Hi,

Your example about word “cosplay” in different language, make me little confused, so I checked it with google translator and the best result I got was with Kurdish language, where “cosplay” was translated to “cute”. Unfortunately there is not option to listen it…

btw. that movie is one big WTF!?

Trinity69

male

personaly, I think its either one, get a specific person for that specific language to be the information bypass, or two, have a more visual approach to your update notes for a wider understanding. Though I must say the second option I do not think can apply to many of the info.

I think the end point is we need a reliable/constant source of translation, and not someone will translated at some point, since then after all they may not be telling the right info, and we have no way of catching up to them to ask them to fix it.

ps. If a Japanese ←→ English translating is required I can be of some help

Trinity69

male

also I think if the chat thing is going to be happening, then using that for a way to group people of the same language maybe another option

Orion6

male

I like your idea about using automatic Google Translate. It’s not perfect, but it does the job well enough.

By the way, I want to say thanks for you running this website. It’s the best organized and most easy to use site I’ve used. It’s great that you also provide separate links with thumbnails and covers, as well as video/photo tags. The character/anime/content tags are awesome too. ♥

By the way, may I ask why you’ve chosen .PL as your domain? I come from Poland so this got by curiosity 😛

KuroDuch

(administrator) 31 October 2016 15:46

Google translate is not to understand exactly what user mean, but to know main sentence. With google we will know who talk about topic or who came here to spam, attack people etc.

Read all news, and you will guess from where im from.

Larceny

male

I like the idea of having people translate, but I’m not sure how popular this site is really. Is it large enough to find people to help?

YOU MUST LOG IN TO COMMENT